Saturday, September 11, 2010

Next step




It's been a good week for making my work. I've been spending most of my free time carving away at these cups, bowls and plates I made the week before. I've made good and bad ones...I've taken the decoration way too far and havn't done enough. I guess it's called, "testing the boundaries".

They have this very nice arabic feel, or a modern style of graffiti... what I'm interested in is how I can use the blacks, greys and whites and manipulate those marks to enhance the form of the pots...

What I enjoy so much about starting a new project is seeing it progress and change. But is it really new? I don't think so... there are parts to this series that can easily be traced back a couple of years, or longer.... Isn't that what's so great about the making processes? The things that you think, see, or do today...can have such an impact on what's happening later on in the future.

I have no idea how long it will be before I have enough work to fire an entire kiln..but hopefully it will be by the middle of october...due to some deadlines coming up/shows I want to try and enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment