Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Archie Bray's Summer Cup Auction, 2012

Every summer the Archie Bray Foundation hosts it's annual fundraising Brick Yard Bash.  Last year was it's 60th, which if you were there, or saw pictures of it..was amazing.  I have a feeling this year will be a bit more calm, but none-the-less, just as important.  There's big plans happening at the Bray these days..like a whole new giant building that will house a museum for the permanent collection (which is phenomenal), new class rooms for the community, more kilns, new offices for the staff...and well, just good things.  But everything costs money..and the Bash at the Bray is one of their biggest fund raising events. The event is pretty fun, with a Live and Silent Auction, food, drinks, music, then a big ole dance at the end with a live band that Beth Lo plays in- really!


I'm humbled to say I was invited to donate two cups to the auction.  Usually this honor is bestowed to past/current Bray residents... I'm neither past or current.  Yet for all it's worth, I don't know how many hours I've dedicated to this place, which I still haven't totally owned up to (remember how we got all those bricks from the Bray? yah..I owe them big time).  So the two cups were happily given.  I wish I could do more..but guys like me just can't jump into the live auction.  Not yet anyways.


Here are a few of my favorites cups in the auction including Mr. bad-ass himself, Andrew Gilliat, fellow Montanan, Sue Tirrell, and of course, Priscilla Mourtizen.  These two lovely cups were fired in our UnionVille Cat just a few months ago.


If you're interested in bidding on anything at all,  you can easily do it over the phone and the object will be shipped to you.  Please take a second to look at the cups and also the other items up for bid at the Bray's link: http://www.archiebray.org/gallery_exhibitions/current_auctions.html

Or click directly to the silent cup auction here:

http://www.archiebray.org/gallery_exhibitions/auction_12/2012_cup_auction_images.html

Bidding on the Cup Auction will close at 7:00 pm MST on Saturday, July 28th.

All absentee bids must be in by Friday, July 27th at 5 pm MST.
To place an absentee bid please call 1-406-443-3502 ext. 18 or e-mail bid@archiebray.org





No comments:

Post a Comment