Monday, November 15, 2010

birth of

I had this grand scheme that I'd make a cool video about a new form I was making...and once again, it turned into something different. While editing the videos down I noticed some cool shots, or places to crop the video, during my trimming process. From there it turned into an exploration into the textures, colors, forms and compositions within my little studio that were happening around me and this pot I was making. I think the finished pot is the larger vase with a face in my previous, Ho Ho Holter post. When I really started to think about what was going on with this video..I realized that there has to be so much going on that just passes me by, especially when I'm so concerned with what's in front of my face. I could look up at the sky and say, "hey what a perfect blue sky!", but right under my foot..I could be stepping on a a flower, or walking over some awesome little rocks. It's so easy to get caught up with what you think is important or worth your time. How can people learn to be more sensitive to their surroundings? How can we really begin to see things? I first posted this video on my friend, Tony Clennell's blog as a guest post... my little plan to try and hook some new readers- I only got two. ha! You two are the best!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is great film making! It should be shocking that only one person has commented on your film But, sadly, it isn't. The web is like a bear peeing in the woods. You mark your spot and move on. Sooner or later, (if it's good smelling pee) the scent will be picked up. I'm definitely reposting this (don't get excited. My blog is 4 days old and I have one follower). Keep up the good work.

    p.s. That's some pretty nice timber framing but it looks like during rain only the kiln would stay dry. Are you going to kick some more roof off the sides?

    ReplyDelete