Thursday, December 6, 2012

it's Teaser Thursday!!

Part of my family have arrived in the Bay Area already.  They're playing in the City today.  what City? the CITY of course.  San Francisco.  Everybody that has been associate with the SF, lived here, in it, around it.. it's always called, "the City".  I'll quote you Steinbeck from his book Travels with Charley:  

-When I was a child growing up in Salinas we called San Francisco "the City."  Of course it was the only city we knew, but I still think of it as the City, and so does everyone else who has ever associated with it.  A strange and exclusive word is "city."  Besides San Francisco, only small sections of London and Rome stay in the mind as the City.  New yorkers say they are going to town.  Paris has no title but Paris.  Mexico City is the Capital. -



So the City, being the center point of this wonderful area is where my dad is playing around today.... I'm here in Sonoma, the North Bay, getting a few final details worked out.  We have plans for dinner later.  I'm so happy that the show is up and ready two days before the opening.  

Stress is a killer.  Life is too short for it..  and I'm glad I planned and prepared well enough to enjoy the company of my loved ones while they are here.




No comments:

Post a Comment