Sunday, July 4, 2010

bobbyfree.com has been launched!

When I was younger, about 13 years old, the internet had already been around for some time.. I was fascinated by websites and eventually learned how to publish my own. Back then it was all html coding that had to be done manually.. I remember reading over pages and pages of html code, learning how to link, or to make your text a certain font or color. It was fun. I had two sites dedicated to my two most favorite Tv shows, The Simpsons and Seinfeld. They're long gone by now...and I have to admit I hardly watch those shows anymore at all.

Today is another step in the right direction. I've successfully uploaded and published my artist website. The official Bobby Free site is here for your enjoyment!!!

http://www.bobbyfree.com

Anyways I'd just like to say how impressed I am with the user-friendly application called iWeb that comes with any new Mac. It's a little limited as far as what you can make your site look like, but it's set up for people without a lot of time. I bought my domain from www.godaddy.com for something really cheap.. and godaddy also hosts. They're having a deal right now to host your site, 80 bucks for 2 years (less then 7 bucks a month) And with the iWeb it was really easy to upload...

I have some pictures of pots, prints and sculptures. Hopefully when I start making more of my own work I'll have a gallery where I can put on my own online shows. There still some work to be done on it..like linking the pictures so you can look at a larger picture then just the thumbnail..and other fancy things.

Next step.....

business cards.

p.s. Thanks to Adam for your advice and pointing me in the right direction. I totally appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment